Home » Participants » Group/Retiree Billing » Group/Retiree FAQ’s

Group/Retiree FAQ’s

Who is Flexible Benefit Administrators, Inc.?
Flexible Benefit Administrators, Inc. is a Retiree billing and eligibility reporting company. We have been hired by your former employer to manage your Retiree coverage premium collection process for them.

Is Flexible Benefit Administrators, Inc. an insurance carrier or health care plan?
No. We are NOT an insurance or health care plan and cannot answer benefit or claim questions. Questions regarding plan coverage or health claims should be directed to your insurance / health care plans).

When I send my Retiree health care premium to Flexible Benefit Administrators, Inc. what do you do with it?
We simply collect premium on behalf of your previous employer. All premiums collected are forwarded to your previous employer just as if you had paid them directly.

What if there has been a recent change in my Retiree health plan and my health plan has not yet sent me my new ID card?
Don't worry. If you are properly enrolled and have made a timely payment, your ID cards will be sent to you by your health plan.

In the interim if you need to access health care, you can pay 'out of pocket' for your health care or prescription. After your new coverage is activated simply submit a claim for reimbursement of your expenses to your health plan.

What happens to my coverage when I (or my spouse) turns 65 or becomes eligible for Medicare?
Your plan and / or premiums will probably change when you or your spouse reach age 65 or become entitled to Medicare. If you contact us we can tell you the name of the plans that your former employer provides and the premiums for those plans.

However, we are not health plan experts and cannot explain the plans offered or how they might coordinate with Medicare.

How do I make my premium payments to you and when are they due?
Your premium payments can be mailed to us or can be drafted automatically from your account each month. Your payments are due on the 1st day of each month.

How do I add a new dependent to my Retiree coverage?
A new dependent is NOT automatically added to your Retiree coverage. You must notify Flexible Benefit Administrators, Inc. in writing within 30 days of your marriage or the birth / adoption of a child.

How do I update you with a change of address?
All address changes must be submitted in writing. If you move out of the service area for your health plan you may be moved to a different health plan with a service area covering your new address.